What You Should Know And What SHS Pest Control Can Do To Prevent Them!
Ticks are more numerous today due to climate changes and increased urban development. Ticks become active in the spring and remain active until late fall. Tick prevention should begin as early as March. Based on the biology of ticks, the most effective control is achieved with treatments between March and November. The timing between treatments is important for proper tick control.
Mosquitos are active in the Northeast May through November. There are different species throughout the season but the Aedes Mosquito is the one responsible for EEE, Dengue Fever, LaCrosse, West Nile and now the Zika Virus. It is an aggressive daytime biter. Treatment for Mosquitos is monthly May through November.
SHS Pest Control’s Tick and Mosquito Prevention Program: Our Program reduces the likelihood of Tick and Mosquito entry into the yard by specifically treating the areas throughout the property where Ticks and Mosquitos are likely to harbor and breed. The Tick and Mosquito Prevention Program we offer:
- Has effective control of 4 species of Ticks (Including those with Lyme Disease) : American Dog Tick, Brown Dog Tick, Deer Tick, Lone Star Tick
- Is Highly Effective against all crawling stages of Ticks
- Reduces Ticks in and around the yard
- Reduces the entry of Ticks onto the property
- Safe and Environmentally Friendly
- Has effective control of 51 species of Mosquitos